Friday, August 27, 2010

Moment of Temporary Insanity & Friday Photo Love

Happy Friday to you!  Hopefully it's been happy to you.  I've tried to stay on the happy side.

Yesterday was a bit rough though.  I decided after two or three months of not wearing make-up that I was really not comfortable natural like that and the next day I would start wearing make-up again.  Then all of a sudden, after two or three months of not noticing my make-up-less face, my husband decides to ask me why I stopped wearing it.  Needless to say, this huge horrible wave of female emotion came over me, and I was moments from breaking into tears in the middle of the sandwich shop.  I couldn't even talk to him except for one or two words after that, for fear I'd start crying!  How ridiculous. 

I wish that was it, but it gets worse.

I picked up hair color while I was out picking up supper... see, you think you know where this is going, but just wait... So, I colored my hair, and after I was done rinsing the color out, I decided that I wanted bangs.  And not just that I wanted bangs, but I wanted bangs NOW.  So, after hunting down the scissors, I hacked off some of my hair into "bangs".  Very short bangs.  And then I thought "maybe putting some layers in will fix the very short bang look." 

Now, I don't have anything against pixie cuts, but unless you want one, don't cut your own hair.  And NEVER cut it when you're already angry and blue.  Or when you have work the next day.

Thankfully, my stylist was able to get me in tonight, and kept the teasing minimal.  And actually, I got more compliments on my hair from my coworkers than I've ever received.  So, does that mean that it really was a good style, or was it just that horrible that they were trying to make me feel better??

Anyway, on to Friday Photo Love.  Here are my favorites ( and NO, my new style will NOT be showing up in my favorites).
  1. cupcake themed owls :), 2. Siargao Island Trip -65.jpg, 3. Belly Flop!!!!, 4. Day 197/365 - You are my sunshine, 5. Planets, 6. Goslings, 7. 53/365....Happiness all wrapped up...., 8. They call it mellow yellow, 9. wild

I've got a lot of naturey type pictures this week.  Lots of flowers... apparently I'm missing my garden already.  If you want to play along with Friday Photo Love, visit the Polka Dot Cottage!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love the belly flop shot.

    And as somebody who is very much the instant-gratification type, I totally get how the hair incident happened. I hate having to wait for hair appointments, and often take matters into my own hands - and not always for the better.

    I'll bet the complements were genuine! In my experience, people just don't say *anything* if the hair cut is bad.

    ReplyDelete