Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Here....

It's here, It's Here, IT'S HERE!  What you ask??
Please contain your giggles.  It's our Oscar Mayer "Thrill of the Grill" Party Pack that the Oscar Mayer company sent to us just so we can share it with our lovely, wonderful friends!  Complete with:

  • 18 Free Oscar Mayer Hot Dog Coupons (for me & my guests)
  • 1 Oscar Mayer Tongs
  • 1 Oscar Mayer Oven Mitt Set
  • 1 bottle of Simply Heinz
  • 8 Oscar Mayer Soft Baseballs
  • 8 Oscar Mayer Frisbees
  • 16 Oscar Mayer Wiener Whistles (I am SOOO gonna have to hide these from the kids!)
  • 16 Heinz kechup coupons
  • Plate & Napkins
Who's ready to grill!?!?  So, if you're reading this & you haven't RSVP'd... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!  Sorry, don't mean to yell.  I've never been so excited about hot dogs before!  If I know you & you're invite got lost in the mail ( or I just had a blonde moment) & you want to come- call me/text me/message me.  Do something to get a hold of me (or Mike)!  We'll gladly give you the details.

And, for those of you wondering, how in the world were these to saps every so lucky as to score a boat-load of free stuff... check it out here.  While the Hot Dog party is no longer available, there's plenty others!

Now, for something completely different (not totally though, more on that later)
On June 18th I will be participating in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.  I'm participating with a team from the Volunteer Organization of Women in Sussex (aka VOWS), and it looks as though I'll be walking the 2-4am hours.  No- that's not a typo, that's what you get when you're one of the last one to pick your time slot.  And, to make matters worse (here's the "more on that later" part) it's the night before my Hot Dog party!!  What was I thinking!! 

Anyway- if you'd like to support the American Cancer Society, or just learn more about what they do, there's a snazzy little button to the left there... go ahead and click it.  And hey... if you decide to donate, please link it to me.  :-D  Really would appreciate it- I get nothing from it besides knowing that it helped to contribute to my fundraising goal. 

So- if you're still with me, I wanted to share one more thing:  Pho.  And Fresh Spring Rolls.  YUM!
Maya (my 3 year old) and I made these tonight, and wow was it good.   While I don't have an official recipe for Pho, it's fairly easy... Rice noodles (not too thin though), Beef Paste (kind of like a boullion), chili oil, meat (if you like), and fresh cilantro, basil, lime, bean sprouts, green onions.  Cook your meat in one pot, throw in the beef paste according to the directions on the jar.  Cook the noodles in a separate pot, and when they're done, soak them in cold water to stop them from getting too soggy.  Then add chili oil, your herbs/lime/bean sprouts/green onions, as much or as little as you like.  Simple right?  Before I forget, I also like to add Hoisen Sauce to mine.

As for the Spring Rolls & Peanut Sauce, check out recipes/instructions here for Spring Rolls and here for Peanut Sauce.
By the way- we used cooked shrimp for our meat in these, and they were very good!  Also, while the peanut sauce recipe called for peanuts, we cheated & used natural organic crunchy peanut butter- no salt added.  It was terrific!

PS- I just noticed that I actually used a matching plate & bowl tonight.  Score!  (I'm so easily amused!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks yummy mini Martha! Next time you decide to make pho and spring rolls, call and I'll be over for dinner. :) Also....we are very excited about your hot dog party too....do you want me to make Aunt Audrey's baked beans?

    ReplyDelete