Sunday, September 19, 2010
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
1 c. dried cherries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl (large), beat together butter & sugars until creamy.
4. Add eggs & vanilla to butter/sugar mixture, beat well.
5. Add combined flour mixture from small bowl to large bowl slowly, mix well.
6. Mix in oats & dried cherries.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes (although in my oven it takes 14!) or until golden brown.
9. Cool 1-3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transfering to a cooling rack (or I use cut up paper bags from the grocery store).
The recipe says it makes 4 doz. I don't think so, unless they are teeny tiny. Maybe thats why it takes 14 minutes for me... Anywho, I'd say maybe 2 doz, thus I almost always double the recipe.
Posted by Amanda at 8:34 PM