Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Busy, Busy

Over the weekend we took a short day trip up to Devil's Lake and went geo-caching for the first time.  The kids had an absolute blast.  I think part of what made the trip a success was the preparation.
Cache 1
 I printed a map for each of the kids of the lake and surrounding trails.  We also purchased compasses for all three of them. 
Cache 2
I printed out several different caches for us to look for, and downloaded Trimble's Geo-Caching Navigator App to my phone. 
Caylin at Cache 1
It was a complete sucess and we'll definitely be going again.  To find out more about geo-caching, you can visit this website.
Biscuit Mushrooms
I just had to share this... We saw these clumps of mushrooms all over- Maya decided they look like biscuits.  Yum!
Me & Kids at Cache 2
In the realm of daily life, I may have gone off the deep end a little.  I actually volunteered to be a leader for my son's cub scout den.  I've completed some of the training already, but I just know I'm going to be very, very busy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment