Monday, July 12, 2010

A New Week

Did you have a good weekend?  Ours was great.  Not only did we have the rummage sale, but we attended a parade that Tommy was in & enjoyed the company of our friends for a little grilling action.

This week will be filled with getting back on track.  First things first:  I stayed away completely from caffiene today!  In fact, I've only had water to drink.  I don't remember the last time my only beverage for the day was water... in fact, I'm not sure that I ever have.

Unfortunately, someone brought in an absolutely delicious, very sweet apple cake.  I lasted until noon, and then I couldn't take it anymore.  I figured it was lunchtime anyway, I'd just try a bite.  Well, a bite turned into a piece, which, over the course of the afternoon, turned into 4 pieces.  Ouch.   I've decided that I have a sugar addiction, and as such, I need to go into rehab (read:spa).  ;-)  OK, maybe it's not that extreme, but I do need to start seriously watching it...and maybe I should just stay away from sweets completely.

I did squeeze in about 15 minutes of yoga tonight.  One word of advice:  DON'T eat before yoga!  Never!  Just wait until you're done.  Ok, it may be just me (because I know my body is strange), but eating before practice makes me sick to my stomach.  And yes, this is the 2nd time it's happened to me.  To my defense, I hadn't planned on practicing tonight, it was a spontaneous decision. 











One last thing to share before closing up shop tonight.  Check out what I got in the mail today for free! 
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer and enLIGHTened by Jessica Berger Gross.  How did I score these for free you ask?  My Points!  I earned enough points for a $25 dollar gift card to Barnes & Noble just by reading emails & taking surveys.  If you'd like to join, email me & I'll send you a link to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment