Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Welcome!!

Welcome to Amanda's Project 31!  I'm still constructing this blog, but you're welcome to look around, pull up a chair, get comfy. 

A little about me:  I'm turning 31 in early June.  I plan on working towards slimming down to a 31" waist- hence Project 31.  In addition, I work full time, I had 4 kids, a happy marriage, multiple pets, a new addiction to yoga, and old loves for sewing, scrapbooking, knitting, playing with clay, and all sorts of general craftiness.  While my husband believes that I have an amazing gift, I'll tell you- my gift is more for being excellent at following directions- not anything truly special.

So, while I'm working up to my 31st birthday, I'm going to be tracking my foods, but not actively changing things until I have a better idea of exactly where I want to go.  I do know up front where I want to end up, and I do know that I have a bit of a diet coke addiction that I'd like to break myself of.  I am also a HUGE sucker for sweets.

I've been going to yoga twice weekly for about a month now... my strength is in my flexibility and my weakness is strength... well, lack of it.  I can twist and turn all day long, but holding myself in a pose proves very difficult for me.  I plan to start cross-training, first by adding cardio in-between classes, and then eventually adding strength training.

I do plan on including plenty of pictures, but I don't have anything quite yet.  I'll spare you from today's update... if you're even still with me.  ;-)  But, if you've made it this far I'd love for you to leave a comment, say hi, wave... whatever you like!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    It is good to see you posting again. Hope everything is going well. We miss you at the guild meetings.

    ReplyDelete